Monday, July 27, 2009

Road Trip to Leh (India): July 2009 – Day 10 of 10

Patiala to Delhi

Home run

We woke up late to the scent of Aloo Paranthas and Halwa being cooked in the kitchen. When you play ungettable your loved one wants you even more. This is exactly what the Aloo Parantha had been doing for the last ten days. We devoured the heavy breakfast and felt at peace.

Then we went sightseeing with our local friend who showed us houses of some friends from college and office, some palatial bungalows, the State Bank of Patiala's headquarters, the National Institute of Sports and the Thapar Engineering College.

We left for Delhi at mid day. It was very hot and humid. We thanked the person who invented air conditioner for cars.

I reached my place at around 7 PM after a brief tryst with Delhi's traffic. Parents were happy to see me in good shape. I distributed the stuff I'd bought along from Ladakh and Srinagar.

After a 10-day vacation of the kind many dream about but only a few embark upon, I feel a sense of achievement. This is probably the closest I'd go to the elements. I can now watch the Tata Safari's famous 'Reclaim your life' advertisement with a been-there-done-that look on my face.

Until next time!

1 comment: